The Junior Programmer works with the Director of Innovation to code, innovative design layouts and support websites according to company specifications. Suitable candidates should have experience in the planning and the delivery of web applications across multiple platforms.
Roles and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the Design and Development of web or mobile-based applications and /or components - the level of which will be based on your skill, knowledge, and prior experience.
- Assisting with writing system requirements and design.
- Working independently and collaboratively to implement assigned projects.
- Performing other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Education in Computer Science or related fields.
- A student in good standing progressing towards a degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of web or software development knowledge academic or otherwise.
- Practical experience working with relational databases, MySQL and/or MS SQL.
- Mobile Development experience will be an asset.
- Experience with Drupal and/or WordPress.
- Knowledge of Source Control (Git).
- Knowledgeable and passionate for learning software and web development, design, and implementation.
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation.
- Self-motivated and with great time management skills.
- Highly motivated with a focus on quality.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills excellent research skills.
- Ability to work effectively alone or collaboratively.
- Strong communication skills.
You will be required to signin with a gmail email address or signup for one inorder to complete this application.